Update Nighthawk RS700S: Guide to Firmware Version 22.214.171.124
On 26th December 2023, a new firmware version 126.96.36.199 was released for the Nighthawk RS700S WiFi 7 Tri-Band router. It came along with a plethora of new features. This blog post discusses all of them. Additionally, we have shed light on the procedure through which you can update the firmware of your networking device with ease. Keep reading.
What Did Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 Bring Along?
|DFS mechanism enhancement
|Fixes case of no LinkRate
|Fixes case of setup loop via WiFi
|Enhance Galaxy Z Fold4 IOT performance
|Fixes case of USB drive detection
|Removes countries on the country list
|Fixes case of NAT loopback
How to Update Nighthawk RS700S WiFi 7 Tri-Band Router?
Now that you have become aware of the several features provided by the Nighthawk RS700S WiFi 7 Tri-Band router, it is recommended that you get down to the firmware update process. To learn how it can be executed, here are the steps you should read:
Take our advice and walk through the instructions mentioned below in the same order as they have been presented. Skipping even one step will force you to come across the Nighthawk router firmware update failure issue.
Make the Device Access the WiFi
- Commence the process by switching on your laptop or computer.
- Go to the WIFI UTILITY of your client device and locate the name of the router.
- Whenever you find it, select it, and enter the NETWORK KEY or PASSWORD.
Are you not sure what the network key or the WiFi name of your Nighthawk RS700S WiFi 7 Tri-Band router is? Well, in that case, you ought to refer to the information that has been given on the label of the product in use.
- Ensure that you are entering the correct credentials.
- Click the CONNECT button to make the device access the internet connection.
- Depending on the WiFi speed, this process might take time, be it seconds or minutes.
Log in to the Nighthawk RS700S
- Get access to your favorite internet browser.
- Go to the URL or the address bar of the browser and enter the web address.
- To be specific, you need to enter ROUTERLOGIN.NET or ROUTERLOGIN.COM.
Though you will be able to access the routerlogin.net web address, on the off chance, you come across the routerlogin.net not working issue, then it is recommended that you use the IP address of the router to access the login portal or window.
- Soon a login portal will come into view by the name of NETGEAR ROUTER LOGIN.
- Now you are required to input the user name as well as the admin password.
- The Nighthawk router setup wizard or the dashboard will appear in a few seconds.
Upgrade the RS700S Firmware
- Select the ADVANCED section and go to ADMINISTRATION > ROUTER UPDATE.
- Click the CHECK button to proceed with the firmware update process.
- The Netgear RS700S WiFi 7 Tri-Band router will find new information on the same.
- A box will appear asking whether you want to install the firmware.
- Click the YES button.
- At last, go through the on-screen prompts.
Do not halt the firmware update process. This is to prevent the risk of damaging the file of firmware. For instance, do not load a new page, or play games online. At last, say no to turning off the Netgear RS700S WiFi 7 Tri-Band router.
Once the firmware update is complete, your Netgear RS700S router will give itself a new start by rebooting. This process might take 2 MINUTES to get finished. It is recommended you do not unplug the router from the socket.
[Additional Tip] Ensure that the socket that has been assigned the duty to supply power to your Netgear router is not damaged. This is being suggested because a proper power supply is the most important thing required to complete the Netgear router firmware update or any process for that matter.
Updating the firmware of your Nighthawk RS700S WiFi 7 Tri-Band router is important as it enhances its performance. We expect that once you are done walking through the steps given above, you will hardly face any issues in updating the firmware of your device to the latest version. Now, you are free to enjoy its improved performance.