In case you are seeing Netgear router orange light again and again, walk through this post and learn all possible basic and advanced troubleshooting methods to fix the orange light on Netgear router problem. Continue reading.
What’s included in this troubleshooting guide?
Here, we will let you know the solutions to several different Netgear router orange light issues like:
- Netgear router orange light Ethernet
- The LAN port showing Netgear router orange light
- Orange light on 1 out of 4 ports
- Netgear Nighthawk router orange light
- Orange power light on Netgear router
- The orange light on Netgear router is blinking amber after update
- Netgear router blinking orange internet light
Now, let’s first get to know when the Netgear WiFi range router’s LED becomes orange.
When the Netgear Router Shows Orange Light?
An orange light on Netgear router signifies technical glitches with your Netgear WiFi router. Let’s have a look at the major reasons behind the issue:
1. Outdated Firmware
If you continue to avoid the firmware update pop-ups of your Netgear router for a longer time, you may get stuck with orange light. Therefore, log in to your WiFi router, head over to the Firmware Update section and check whether there is any new update is available.
2. Modem Connection Issue
On the off chance if your modem is not connecting to the Netgear router, reboot your modem and router. After that, try to make a wired connection between them.
3. Improper Router Setup
Improper or partial Netgear Nighthawk setup may also cause a blinking orange light issue. In such a case, restart your WiFi router and try again to set it up.
Fixed: Netgear Router Orange Light Issues
Here’s how to fix the orange light on Netgear WiFi router:
Issue 1: Netgear Router Orange Internet LED
If you are seeing orange internet LED on your Netgear router, here are the do-follow steps:
- Power off your Netgear router and modem.
- Wait for some time.
- Thereafter, power up your modem and then the router.
- In case after the power-cycle, the internet LED stays amber, then connect your router to the modem.
Issue 2: Orange Light on Some Ports
Go through the below-highlighted steps to get rid of the orange light on Netgear router issue:
- Verify whether the Ethernet cable you use includes any cuts. If any, replace that with a new one.
- Update the drivers installed on your device.
- Ensure that your device has 1 Gbps network interface card.
Issue 3: Ethernet Orange Light on Router
Go through the following instructions to resolve this issue:
- Keep your router at a certain distance from interference-creating objects.
- Log in to your Netgear WiFi router and check for any new firmware update. If available, update your router’s firmware immediately.
Issue 4: Router Showing a Solid Amber Power Light
Rectify this issue by walking through these steps:
- Check if the router is getting steady power supply.
- Restore the default factory settings on your Netgear router.
- Update the router’s firmware to the latest version.
So, these were some common Netgear router orange light issues along with their solutions. If you are still seeing the orange light on your router, contact our experts now.