Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup Guide
Have you purchased a Rockspace WiFi extender? Don’t you know how to set up Rockspace WiFi extender via the Rockspace WiFi extender manual? Worry Not! This page will make you aware of how to setup Rockspace WiFi extender. In addition, you will also learn how to do Rockspace WiFi extender firmware update. So, read on.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup Methods
Rockspace WiFi extender setup can be done using two different methods that are as follows:
1. WPS method: It is considered the easiest method to set up Rockspace WiFi extender. The reason is that this setup method can be executed with a single push of the button.
2. Manual Method: The user needs to access the dashboard of the extender in order to perform Rockspace WiFi extender setup using this method.
Now let’s learn how to setup Rockspace WiFi extender using both methods.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup via WPS Method
Follow the steps given below to find out how to setup Rockspace WiFi extender using the WPS method:
- Give your Rockspace WiFi extender some space in the room where you’ve placed the host router.
- Now, plug your Rockspace extender into a power socket and switch it on.
- Thereafter, check all sides of the extender and locate the WPS button.
- Once found, press it carefully.
- Press the WPS button on the host router too.
- The Rockspace WiFi extender setup process will get completed.
This is how to setup Rockspace WiFi extender using the WPS method. In case you are facing issues why you are trying to set up Rockspace WiFi extender, consider getting in touch with our profound experts.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup Method via Manual Method
Rockspace wireless range extender setup via the manual method involves the use of a computer and an Ethernet cable. Take the assistance of the steps highlighted below to learn how to setup Rockspace WiFi extender using the manual method. Also, keep the Rockspace WiFi extender manual by your side so that you can check the default admin details of your device.
- Connect your Rockspace extender to the host router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
Note: Does your Rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting? No problem. Get in touch with our technical experts to troubleshoot this problem.
- Don’t have an Ethernet cable? Use a wireless source for connecting your devices.
- Once done, switch on your PC and run an internet browser.
- Feel free to use Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.
- Now, navigate the cursor to the address bar and type the default web address of your Rockspace wireless range extender into it.
- Press Enter.
- You will be taken to the official login window of the Rockspace WiFi extender.
- Refer to the Rockspace WiFi extender manual and enter the default username and password of your device.
- Thereafter, click Log In.
- The Rockspace wireless range extender setup wizard will appear revealing some prompts.
- Follow the prompts carefully and complete the Rockspace WiFi extender setup process.
That’s it! This is how to setup Rockspace WiFi extender using the manual method. However, you need to take care of a few points whil trying to set up Rockspace WiFi extender. Explore the next section to know them.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup: Points to Remember
- The insufficiency of the power supply can expose your Rockspace extender to the risk of hardware damage. Therefore, never use a damaged wall socket to power up your wireless range extender.
- In the case of a wired connection, the Ethernet cable is supposed to be free of damage. In case it is not, consider replacing it with a new one. Additionally, the connection must not be loose.
- If you have created a wireless connection between your devices, then keep a check on the distance between them. You cannot place your devices too far during the Rockspace wireless range extender setup process as it will affect the communication between them. Also, avoid placing them too close to prevent a conflict of their signals.
- The web browser used to perform Rockspace WiFi extender setup using the manual method must be updated. Go one step ahead by erasing the junk files from the internet browser.
- Be careful while entering the Rockspace extender admin details. It is because they are case-sensitive. Type them exactly as they are mentioned in the Rockspace WiFi extender manual. Avoid unnecessary capitalization of letters.
After trying these hacks, you will be able to set up Rockspace WiFi extender in a hassle-free manner. After you have set up Rockspace WiFi extender, we suggest you change the extender’s login details by referring to the guidelines mentioned in the Rockspace WiFi extender manual. It will add a layer of security to your Rockspace extender.
Moving on, let us make you aware of the process of performing Rockspace WiFi extender firmware update. Doing so will protect your extender from potential threats and improves its performance.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Keeps Disconnecting?
Your Rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting? Well, that might be because of a number of reasons. But, let’s forget about them and concentrate on how this issue can be resolved. Walk through the below-mentioned hacks and learn how:
1. Fluctuation-Free Power Supply
Your Rockspace extender should be receiving an uninterrupted power supply from the power socket that you have connected it to. If it isn’t, then take our advice and connect your device to another wall outlet.
2. Non-Damaged Ethernet Cable
If the Ethernet cable connecting your devices is worn out, it can also cause the Rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue. Thus, make sure that the cable you are using is not damaged from any point. If required, get a new one. Don’t want to step out of your house? No problem. Why don’t you connect your devices wirelessly then?
3. WiFi Devices Placed in Proximity
The distance between your extender and router should not be too much. Or else, their signals won’t get transmitted properly and lead you to similar issues like the Rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue.
4. Updated Rockspace Extender Firmware
Perhaps, you should consider updating the firmware of your range extender. To perform Rockspace extender firmware update, all you need to do is, go to the Settings menu, click the Firmware Update button, and follow the on-screen steps.
5. Reboot Rockspace WiFi Extender
Last, but not least, you can try to reboot your Rockspace wireless range extender if none of the aforementioned hacks have pulled you out of the mess you are in.
Here is how you can easily restart your WiFi device:
- Switch off your extender.
- Unplug your Rockspace extender from its current wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug your extender back into a socket and press the power button to turn it on.
Now, check if you are able to rectify the Rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue. If not, then the time has come for you to contact our technical experts. They will surely help you to fix the Rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Firmware Update
Although the instructions to update the firmware are mentioned in the Rockspace WiFi extender manual, users are unable to decrypt them correctly and update their devices. So, we have summed up the Rockspace WiFi extender firmware update process in a few steps given below:
I. Download Rockspace Firmware Update File
First of all, consider downloading the Rockspace WiFi extender firmware update file and saving it on your computer. Keep in mind that the firmware file must be according to the model number of your Rockspace extender. Else, you will end up uploading the wrong firmware file and the Rockspace WiFi extender firmware update process will get failed.
II. Log in to Your Rockspace Extender
Now, access the Rockspace extender login page using the default web address of the device. On the login page, enter the admin details carefully. Click Log In to reach the Rockspace WiFi extender setup wizard.
III. Upload the Firmware File
Once you log in to your Rockspace extender, locate the Administration option and select Firmware Update. As soon as the window shifts, locate the Rockspace WiFi extender firmware update file and upload it. Click Install and let the Rockspace WiFi extender get updated.
Note: Do not interrupt the Rockspace WiFi extender firmware update process by performing background activities on your computer.
That’s all about how to setup Rockspace WiFi extender and do Rockspace WiFi extender firmware update. Hopefully, you will be able to make the most of your extender. In case you need more guidance regarding Rockspace wireless range extender setup and extender’s management, contact our experts.
How to Reset Rockspace WiFi Extender?
This is a hack that we only recommend to users when Rockspace extender-related issues are just not ready to spare them. If you are wondering how to reset Rockspace WiFi extender, follow the steps outlined below.
You can learn how to reset Rockspace WiFi extender using two methods:
- Hard Reset
- Soft Reset
Reset Rockspace WiFi Extender: Hard Reset
Follow the instructions mentioned below and get to know how to reset Rockspace WiFi extender using the hard reset method:
- Plug your Rockspace extender into a wall socket.
- Press the power button.
- Now, find the location of the Reset button.
- Whenever you find it, press it carefully.
- Hold on for as long as required.
Although, this method will surely teach you to reset Rockspace WiFi extender, in case, you want to try a different one, continue reading.
Reset Rockspace WiFi Extender: Soft Reset
In the soft reset method, you are required to access the web user interface of your device. Did not understand what we just said? No problem. The following steps will guide on resetting Rockspace WiFi extender using the soft reset method:
- Plug your extender into a power socket. Hit the power button.
- Use a wired or a wireless source to connect your router to the extender.
- Open your computer.
- Launch an internet browser.
- In the address bar, type the default web address of your Rockspace extender.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Rockspace login window.
- Input the details that you have been asked for.
- In other words, enter the password and username of your device.
- Hit Log In.
- Under the Settings menu, click Reset Extender button.
- For confirmation, click the Yes option.
- Wait for some time.
Before you can even blink an eye, your Rockspace extender will get restored to its default factory settings.
If you got any stuck at any point while trying to reset Rockspace WiFi extender using the Hard or Soft Reset method, it is recommended that you reach out to our tech team. They will surely provide you with an easy way out to reset Rockspace WiFi extender.