NETGEAR UP Application
The Netgear up Application lets you install and personalize router settings easily. Simply connect your mobile phone with Netgear router network SSID by using Nighthawk up app. Then enter wifi security key (passphrase) as mentioned on the router card. Once Netgear router installation is complete then you can use Netgear up the application to manage and customize router settings. You can download the Netgear router app application from Google Play Store or App Store. You can change router wireless settings SSID, wireless password, change parental control settings, etc. by using this application.
NETGEAR UP APPLICATION Features:
SETTINGS: You can manage wireless router settings using Netgear up application i.e wireless SSID or network key passphrase.
ATTACHED DEVICES LIST: Check number of devices connected with Netgear router wired or wireless and also check the IP address of attached devices, DHCP listing.
GUEST WIRELESS SETTINGS: Check guest wireless SSID network settings. You can turn on or off guest access.
PARENTAL CONTROL: You can change, add or remove keywords and manage Netgear circle parental controls using Netgear up application
TRAFFIC METER: You can check data usage, data consumption of per device.
SPEED TEST: You can test your internet connection speed using the speed test option. You can use web-based website www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com alternatively to configure your NetGear router.
NETGEAR UP APP Specifications
NETGEAR UP application is compatible with following mentioned NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK products :
- Nighthawk R9000 with firmware version 220.127.116.11
- Nighthawk R8900 with firmware version 18.104.22.168
- Nighthawk R8000P with firmware version 22.214.171.124
- Nighthawk R7900P with firmware version 126.96.36.199
- Nighthawk R7000P with firmware version 188.8.131.52
- Nighthawk R7000 with firmware version 184.108.40.206
- Nighthawk R6900P with firmware version 220.127.116.11
- Nighthawk R6900 with firmware version 18.104.22.168
Nighthawk App Cannot Detect Netgear Nighthawk Router:
While using Netgear Nighthawk app or Netgear Orbi app user might get an error message Nighthawk router not found or is unavailable. In such a scenario, make sure your Netgear nighthawk router is not set up as an access point. Secondly, make sure your device is not connected to any other access point or network. For instance, your device might be connected with the LTE network, also make sure VPN is disabled on your mobile device.
Steps to follow to counter this error message:
- Make sure your device is connected with Nighthawk router wireless name SSID.
- Mobile data or LTE must be disabled on your mobile device.
- Your Nighthawk router might have been configured in AP mode, in such case disable the access point function on your router and make sure your Nighthawk router is set up in router mode only.