Netgear Nighthawk EX7300 X4 AC2200 WiFi extender boosts your existing wireless range and delivers speeds up to 2Gbps. The WiFi mesh extender works easily with your home WiFi to create a stronger WiFi System.
You can use the extender in access point mode or a WiFi access point (AP). When setting up in the AP mode, the extender creates a WiFi hotspot by using an Ethernet connection.
This post will guide you on how to set up Netgear Nighthawk X4 EX7300 AC2200 WiFi range extender with ease. Let’s get started.
Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 Setup As an Access Point Mode
The process of Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 set up as an access point mode is quite simple. All you need to do is, follow the steps below and you are done.
- In the first place, you have to set the (AP) Access Point/Extender switch to AP (Access Point).
- Next, plug in your range extender and wait for the Power LED on it to light up.
- Connect a computer, laptop, or mobile device to the extender using a WiFi or Ethernet connection:
- When your WiFi-enabled device (computer, laptop, or mobile device) is connected to your range extender successfully, the Client Link LED will light up.
- For a wired Ethernet connection, please use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the Netgear Nighthawk EX7300 X4 AC2200 WiFi mesh extender to an Ethernet port on your computer or laptop.
If you wish to use an Ethernet connection, then you must do this prior to connecting your range extender to your existing WiFi router.
- Launch a web browser and visit the Netgear Genie setup page via www.mywifiext.net web address.
- If you are facing issues in accessing the Netgear Nighthawk X4 setup page, then make sure to connect your router and the extender properly through an Ethernet cable.
- Also, do not connect your Netgear extender to your DSL (Digital subscriber line) or cable modem directly. As a matter of fact, your extender does not function as a broadband router.
- Moreover, if your existing home WiFi network includes a DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server, then you can connect your range extender to a switch or hub that is connected to the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server.
- Return back to the Netgear Genie setup page and follow the on-screen prompts to finish setting up your Nighthawk EX7300 X4 AC2200 extender as an access point mode.
Run the Smart Setup
As a matter of fact, you can use ‘Smart Setup’ as well to change the settings of your WiFi range extender. This is one of the easiest ways to connect your Netgear device to a different WiFi router or to change the extender’s SSID or password.
How to run the Smart Setup:
- Pull up a web browser fon your device.
- Log in to your range extender:
Windows-based computer: Use mywifiext, mywifiext.net, or mywifiext.com web address for login.
Mac computers, iOS devices, and Linux devices: Use mywifiext.local.
Android devices: Use the IP address of your device.
Note: Watch the LED activities on your range extender.