Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 installation boosts your existing wireless range and delivers dual-band WiFi more than 2Gbps.
On the other hand, Netgear Nighthawk EX7300 X4 AC2200 WiFi mesh extender improves your internet coverage and works easily with your home WiFi to create a stronger WiFi System.
As a matter of fact, you can use the extender in access point mode as well as a WiFi access point (AP) and create a new and powerful WiFi hotspot by using a secure wired Ethernet connection
Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 Setup as an access point mode
The process of Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 setup as an access point mode is quite simple. You just have to follow the steps below and you are done.
- In the first place, you have to set the (AP) Access Point/Extender switch to AP (Access Point).
- Plug in your range extender and wait for the Power LED on it to light a solid green color.
- Press the power (On/Off) button if the Power LED does not light up.
- Connect a computer, laptop or mobile device to the extender using a WiFi or Ethernet connection:
WiFi: On your WiFi-enabled computer, laptop or mobile device, open a WiFi connection manager – locate and connect to the new extender network (SSID) called Netgear_Ext.
When your WiFi-enabled device (computer, laptop or mobile device) is connected to your range extender successfully, the Client Link LED will light up.
Ethernet: For a wired Ethernet connection, please use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the Netgear Nighthawk EX7300 X4 AC2200 WiFi mesh extender to an Ethernet port on your computer or laptop.
Note: If you wish to use an Ethernet connection, then you must do this prior to connecting your range extender to your existing WiFi router.
- Launch a web browser and visit Netgear Genie setup page via www.mywifiext.net web address.
- If you are facing issues in accessing the setup page, then make sure to connect your router and the extender physically and properly with each other through an Ethernet cable.
- Also, note this down, do not connect your Netgear extender to your DSL (Digital subscriber line) or cable modem directly. As a matter of fact, your extender does not function as a broadband router.
Moreover, if your existing home WiFi network includes a DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server, then you can connect your range extender to a switch or hub that is connected to the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server.
Return back to the Netgear Genie setup page and follow the on-screen prompts to finish setting up your Nighthawk EX7300 X4 AC2200 extender as an access point mode.
Run the Smart Setup on your WiFi range extender
As a matter of fact, you can use ‘Smart Setup’ as well to change the settings of your WiFi range extender. This is supposed to be an easy way to connect your Netgear device to a different WiFi router or to change the extender’s SSID or password.
How to run the Smart Setup:
- Pull up a web browser from a device that is connected to your extender’s WiFi network.
- Log in to your range extender:
Windows-based computer: Mywifiext, mywifiext.net or mywifiext.com is the URL.
Mac computers, iOS devices, and Linux devices: Use mywifiext.local.
Android devices: Use the IP address of your device.
Note: Watch the LED activities on your range extender.