Netgear Nighthawk App: Set Up, Control, And Monitor The Home Network
Netgear Nighthawk app makes it very easy to set up your main wireless router and make most out of your existing WiFi. Simply connect a mobile device, computer, or laptop to your main WiFi router’s network and the Netgear Nighthawk app will walk you through the rest without any issue.
Once set up successfully, you can use the intuitive dashboard to pause the internet on your connected WiFi devices and a lot more.
Network Management is Just A Click Away
Additionally, this smart app makes it easy for you to install your Netgear WiFi router and get quick and easy access to your existing network information.
Key Features Include:
- Management Dashboard: View the status of your existing home WiFi network and all the features that your router offers.
- Pause the live internet for any connected device (wired or wireless).
- Also, you can check the broadband/internet speed for your ISP.
- Parental Controls: Manage content and time online easily with Circle with Disney.
- In addition, the Nighthawk application even monitors your Internet traffic, update the latest version of firmware, share your WiFi/internet with relatives, friends, and much more.
Internet Filtering And Smart Parental Controls
Well, ‘Circle with Disney’ allows your family members or relatives to manage all of your connected devices (wired or wireless) in your home. Parents/guardians can set an internet bedtime for each and every connected device in your home.
Supported Models Are:
Netgear wireless routers allow you to have full control of your family’s internet usage and get the best of parental controls within a single device.
Netgear Armor: The Best Cybersecurity For Your Home Network
What’s more, the Nighthawk app also allows you to access the Netgear Armor feature. Netgear Armor gives you the best and advanced cyber threat protection for your home networking system and all your WiFi-enabled devices. On the other hand, Netgear Armor keeps all your devices (wired and wireless) protected inside and outside of your home WiFi network with a single subscription only.
Netgear Armor is Supported on the Following Models:
Manage Your Existing Home WiFi Network Remotely
The Nighthawk application lets you monitor and control your home WiFi network easily from anywhere. In addition, you can also set up ‘Amazon Alexa’ and ‘Google Assistant’ voice commands for your home network via the ‘new remote management’ feature.
Network Access and Presence Detection: Netgear Router App
See and Log:
- Live internet connection status
- Speed of the internet upload and download
- The number of connected wired and wireless devices
Netgear router app offers the following features:
- Detects and notifies you of the new connected device to your home network.
- Keeps the record of any device that is coming online and going offline.
- Notifies you if there is any change in upload and download speed.
- Also, detects if there is any variation in the internet connection status.
- Performs the internet speed test.
- Shows the status of firmware for the Netgear WiFi router whether it is available or not.
What does the application do:
- Send WOL (WakeOnLan) to a MAC (Media Access Control) address
- Allow and block a connected device through MAC address
- Enable (turn on) and disable (turn off) the Guest WiFi as well
- Perform firmware upgrade process and internet speed test also
- Reboot the Netgear WiFi router
What is WakeOnLan (WOL)?
WOL (Wake-on-LAN) is a token or Ethernet ring computer networking standard, which allows a computer/desktop/PC to be awakened or turned on via a network message. As a matter of fact, the message is usually sent to the target computer by a program that is executed on a connected device to the same local area network (Local Area Network), like a smartphone.