Perform Netgear EX6400 setup and enjoy WiFi speeds up to 1.9 Gbps on all your WiFi-enabled devices. Netgear AC1900 EX6400 WiFi extender creates a whole home mesh WiFi with your current router. The mesh extender is compatible with 802.11ac and b/g/n WiFi devices.
This page is all about the Netgear AC1900 EX6400 extender setup. Here, you will learn different ways to setup and install your Netgear EX6400 WiFi mesh extender. Continue reading.
Netgear AC1900 EX6400 Setup Using WPS Method
You can do the Netgear AC1900 EX6400 setup using WPS method by following the steps highlighted below:
- Plug your Netgear AC1900 EX6400 extender into an electrical outlet.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your router also.
- Unplug your extender and move it to a new location.
Kudos! Your Netgear AC1900 EX6400 WiFi mesh extender has been set up.
Netgear Nighthawk EX6400 Setup Via Manual Method
Go through the step-by-step instructions below to complete your Netgear Nighthawk EX6400 setup via the manual method:
- Place your extender close to your WiFi router.
- Take an Ethernet cable and use it to connect your router to the mesh extender.
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX6400 extender as well as the router.
- Launch a web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net.
- The Netgear installation assistant displays.
- Move your extender to a new location.
And with this step, you are done with the Netgear EX6400 setup. If you get stuck at any step, let our experts help you out.
Netgear EX6400 Extender Setup Using Nighthawk App
Follow these steps to perform Netgear AC1900 setup (EX6400) using the Nighthawk app:
- Turn on your Netgear AC1900 EX6400 extender.
- Download Nighthawk app on your Android or iOS device.
- Thereafter, open the Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps to complete Netgear EX6400 extender setup.
Still can’t setup your Netgear AC1900 EX6400 WiFi mesh extender? Get in Touch with Our Experts.
Common Netgear Nighthawk EX6400 AC1900 Extender Setup Issues
There are various issues reported by users during the Netgear Nighthawk EX6400 AC1900 extender setup. The most common ones are highlighted below:
- Netgear EX6400 not working due to the failed update
- Mywifiext.net not working
- Netgear AC1900 WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Lost configuration CD
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Forgot Netgear extender default login password
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear EX6400 setup
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Can’t log in to Netgear EX6400 extender
- Unable to update Netgear EX6400 firmware
- EX6400 drops internet connectivity
- MAC address filtering errors
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Netgear Extender not working
- No internet even after the successful Netgear AC1900 EX6400 WiFi range extender setup
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Internet connected but not working
- Unable to perform Netgear EX6400 reset
You can get rid of all such Netgear AC1900 EX6400 WiFi mesh extender setup issues by contacting our Experts.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Netgear AC1900 Setup Issues
Check out the below-highlighted DIY troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear AC1900 EX6400 setup issues:
- Keep your Netgear AC1900 EX6400 WiFi extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Make sure that the Netgear AC1900 extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear AC1900 extender once and try to set it up again.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your extender.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your technical issues? Nothing to worry about. Get in contact with our experts.