My Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 Won’t Maintain Internet Connection
I purchased a 5-Stream dual-band Netgear Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 to replace my R7800 router for parental control features. Somehow, I was able to complete the router’s installation process. But, after an hour, my WiFi router lost the internet connection. When I examined the cable modem, it was just working fine. So, I restarted the router and it again worked perfectly for another 1 hour. But, the problem continued to trouble me. I cannot reboot my WiFi router every hour as I have other chores to do. Do you have any working solution for this problem? – A Nighthawk WiFi router user.
Getting internet connection problems with a Nighthawk WiFi router is a common thing and so is troubleshooting them. In case you are experiencing similar issues while using your Netgear router, then you can rely on this guide to fix them. For reference, we have taken the example of the AX5 AX4200 5-Stream dual-band router as per the query raised by the user.
Why Your AX5 AX4200 Won’t Maintain Internet Connection?
Since the problem in the discussion showed up just an hour after the installation process, there is a possibility that you ignored the firmware update for your router. Well, it is recommended to avoid setup-related issues. But, you are supposed to download and install the newest firmware version on the router after completing the setup process. That is why, outdated firmware is the most possible cause of why your Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 won’t maintain an internet connection. To fix what is worrying you, update the router’s firmware using the following steps. This is for your general information that you will need the default or customized Netgear Nighthawk login details (whichever your WiFi router is utilizing right now) to complete the process. Therefore, keep them in handy.
- Connect your computer to the AX5 AX4200 router’s network and open Chrome.
- Make your way to the address bar and access routerlogin.com.
- Input the router’s admin info and hit Sign In.
- Meanwhile, download the firmware file for your 5-Stream router via the new tab.
- Unzip the firmware file if required and save it at the most convenient location.
- Return to the tab where you’ve logged in to your WiFi router.
- Click the Firmware Update option and upload the firmware file on the next window.
Wait and let the Nighthawk AX5 WiFi router’s firmware update process get completed. Once done, observe if your router still experiences problems staying connected to the internet. If yes, then jumping to the next section will be a wise thing to do.
Fix: Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 Won’t Maintain Internet Connection
Fix 1: Mend the LAN Connection
During the setup process, the user is advised to connect the WiFi router to the internet modem through a LAN cable. We hope that you followed the same thing. But, are you aware of the parameters that the LAN connection between the WiFi router and modem needs to satisfy? If not, then we’ve listed them for you:
- The Ethernet or network cable joining your 5-Stream router to the modem should be free of damage.
- There needs to be a strong Ethernet connection between your WiFi devices.
- You must not connect the cable to the incorrect ports of your router and modem.
Fix 2: Check the Router’s Location
Many occasions have been observed where the WiFi router won’t maintain an internet connection because of the improper location. Perhaps, you are facing the problem due to the same reason. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with checking the surroundings of your router. In case, you find any of the below-mentioned devices or objects near the Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 router, get it relocated very soon.
- Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, and other heavy appliances
- Metal doors, aluminum studs, utensils, and other metal objects
- Reflexive surfaces like mirrors, glasses, lenses, etc.
- Objects that contain a large amount of water such as aquariums or geysers
- Avoid placing the router in a corner or near a thick concrete wall
With that, we’ve reached the end of the post explaining why your Netgear Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 won’t maintain internet connection. We’ve mentioned 3 top-most reasons due to which the issue arises. Along with them, we also provide you with the relevant troubleshooting solutions.
Now, we are winding up everything with the hope that you will be able to resolve this connectivity issue without any hassle. But, before that, we recommend you connect your client devices to the router’s network and check the internet connectivity. Is everything perfect? There’s no next then. Enjoy using the internet the way you wish.