The security of your WiFi is as important as your home. Thus, it’s essential to create a hard-to-crack password for your Netgear router that is both secure and easy to remember. If you want to ensure that your WiFi is safe and accessible by you and your family only, take the following steps into account to change Netgear password in no time.
How to Change Your Netgear Router Password
Fortunately, changing your Netgear router password is fairly easy, even if you are a non-techie. Below are the steps you can use to make changes to your WiFi password.
Quick Tip: If you don’t know your current WiFi login password, then first you need to use the recover password feature before getting started with the password change option for it.
Steps to Change Netgear Password
Step 1: Log in to your Netgear Router
Open a web browser on your computer and type routerlogin.net in the address bar. You will then need to log in to your WiFi device. Enter the default password or your current password (if customized!) and hit the Login Button.
Note: You can also log in to your Netgear router via the Netgear Nighthawk app.
Step 2: Locate the Change Password Option
Once you are on the dashboard of your WiFi router, locate the Administration option and then select the Change Password button. Set the new password you want for your WiFi. However, you will have to first type your current password one more time for security reasons.
Step 3: Change Your Netgear Password
You would be able to change your Netgear password only after entering the old password. Once done, fill the new password into the respective field and confirm the same to avoid any mistakes. Make sure to set a strong password for your WiFi. After setting a new password for your WiFi router, hit the Change Password option to make all the changes effective.
Add-on:If you don’t want yourself to get entangled in the fuss of forgot password or lost password issue, then consider enabling the password recovery feature after changing your Netgear password. If you are not familiar with the process of enabling the password recovery feature on a Netgear router, here’s how to do it.
Steps to Enable Password Recovery on Netgear Router
- Log in to your Netgear router by accessing the default web address or IP address.
- As soon as you reach the web GUI of your router, locate the Advanced option.
- Thereafter, choose the Administration.
- The password setting screen will reveal on your system.
- From there, enable the password recovery feature by ticking the check box.
- You will be asked to select two security questions from the given options.
- Choose any two questions and answer them.
- It is suggested that you choose the simple and easy-to-remember answers for the security questions.
- Click the Apply button and you’re done with enabling the password recovery feature on your Netgear router.
These are the steps that can be used by you to change Netgear password and secure your WiFi. Further, if you face any trouble while doing the process then simply get in touch with our technical support executives for quick help. You can communicate with our experts via chat or email.