If you are looking for a portable WiFi router to satisfy your internet-related needs, then we recommend you give Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 a try. User friendly plus easy-to-carry, it is one of the best portable routers in the WiFi industry nowadays. With the help of this device, you can access the internet from any nook of the world. All you need to do is, set it up!
Now, in case you’re wondering how to set up a Netgear MR1100 WiFi router, then know that we’re here to assist you. Through this blog post, we’ll make you familiar with the two ways through which you can easily set up your MR1100 router. So, without any further ado, let’s get down to it, shall we?
Different Methods to Set Up a Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 Router
Mentioned below are the two ways through which you can set up a Nighthawk 1100 WiFi router:
- By accessing the web user interface of the router
- By using the Netgear Nighthawk app
In this post, we’ll provide you with the step-by-step guidelines for both the setup methods. Deciding which one to implement is totally up to you.
Method 1. Access the Web User Interface
The first method through which you can set up your Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 router is by accessing its web interface. But before you do that, make sure that you’ve properly installed the battery in your device. Once done, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- First things first, press the Power button on MR1100 router.
- Grab a power cable and connect its one end into the router and another into the socket.
- Then, connect your WiFi router to the modem.
- To do that, you need to make use of an Ethernet cable.
- Next, launch a web browser on your computer.
- Enter http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your web browser.
- Click on the Enter button to go to the next step.
- Enter the default admin details in the required fields.
- Hit Log In.
Note: Once you access the web user interface of your device, you are free to change the WiFi name and password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 router.
Now that you know how to set up your MR1100 router by accessing its web user interface, it’s time to proceed to the next setup method.
Method 2. Netgear Nighthawk App
The Netgear Nighthawk app is specially designed for users who wish to set up their WiFi router using a mobile device. And fortunately, the Nighthawk app operates both on Android and iOS devices. This means that regardless of what mobile device you use, you won’t face trouble in setting up your Netgear MR1100 router.
Here are the step-by-step guidelines that you need to walk through in order to set up your WiFi router using the Netgear Nighthawk app:
- Before you start, ensure that your router and modem are properly connected.
- Unlock your mobile device and go to the Google Play Store.
- If you’re using an iOS device, then go to the App Store and download the Nighthawk app.
- When the application gets installed, create a Netgear account.
- Fill in the default router login details and press the Enter key.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish setting up your MR1100 router.
So, this was all about how to set up a Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 router using two different methods. In case you get stuck somewhere while trying to set up your WiFi device, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Simply call us at 1-888-961-4011. Our highly qualified technicians are available 24/7 to assist you.