How to Set Up Netgear Guest Network on Nighthawk Router?
Isn’t it frustrating when every visitor in your home asks for the primary WiFi network password? Well, we have a solution for you. If you own a Nighthawk router, then you can set up the Netgear guest network on it. Once you do that, you need not reveal the password of your main network. Just in case you are wondering how to set up a guest WiFi network on the Nighthawk router, let us provide you with the step-by-step guidelines to do so. But, before that, give a read to the benefits of configuring a guest WiFi network on your Netgear router.
Benefits of Setting Up Netgear Guest Network
Just imagine your relative or neighbor breaking ties with you because you deny revealing the WiFi password of your Nighthawk router’s main network. It won’t happen if you have set up a Netgear guest WiFi network. Because the guest network is like a secondary network on your router that makes you look hospitable.
Sharing the WiFi password of the main network becomes risky if any guest connected to your Netgear router downloads an infected file. It can greatly impact other devices connected to the Netgear router WiFi network. But, that’s won’t be possible with the guest network feature. So, even if any user intentionally downloads the corrupted file, you can relax because it won’t affect your home network.
Controls WiFi Usage
After setting up the Netgear guest network feature, you can control the network usage provided to visitors. You can restrict the guest network to a restricted speed without compromising the WiFi speed of your Nighthawk router’s main network.
Now that you have become familiar with the advantages of setting up a guest network on your router, let us head over to the process of doing so.
Steps to Set Up Netgear Guest Network on Router
Given below are the steps to set up the Netgear guest network on the Nighthawk device by accessing the router login page:
- Plug your Netgear Nighthawk wireless router into a power source.
- Power up your wireless router.
- Let the LED light glow solid green.
- Now, connect your Nighthawk router to the modem.
- Get access to a PC.
- Open an internet browser.
- Go to the URL field.
- Type the Nighthawk router’s default web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will get redirected to the Netgear Nighthawk login page.
- Use the default username and password of your wireless router to log in to it.
- Once you reach the Netgear router setup wizard, click Settings > Guest Network.
- Thereafter, scroll down and find the 2.4GHz or 5GHz section to set up a guest network for either band.
- Confirm whether the Enable SSID Broadcast check box is selected or not.
- If not, then do it right now.
- Now, assign a name to the guest network.
- Afterwards, select the Security Mode as per your choice.
- Lastly, click the Apply.
Your Nighthawk router is now ready to broadcast its Netgear guest network and provide internet access to your guests.
In this manner, you can set up a guest WiFi network on your Netgear Nighthawk router. In case you are not able to, contact our technical experts. If you want to resolve the problem on your own, refer to the hacks discussed below.
Can’t Set Up Netgear Guest Network?
- Ensure that the power source is providing fluctuation-free electricity to your Netgear Nighthawk router. If not, consider changing the power source.
- Verify that the connection between your Nighthawk router and modem is stable. If you are using a wired connection, the Ethernet cable should be damage-free. In case of a wireless connection, place your WiFi devices at a safe distance.
- Did you use an outdated web browser to log in to your router and set up the Netgear guest network? Yes? This is where you went wrong. So, without any delay, consider updating the web browser.
- If you are unable to access the default web address of the Nighthawk router, consider using the default IP address. Make sure to not enter it in the search bar of the web browser. Instead, type it in the address bar.
- The Nighthawk router’s default username and password are case-sensitive. Thus, you need to be very careful while typing them. It won’t be wrong if you decide to turn the Caps Lock key on your keyboard off.
The Bottom Line
With the help of the troubleshooting hacks discussed above, you will surely be able to set up the Netgear guest network on your Nighthawk router. On the off chance you are still struggling to do so, our experts are available 24/7 to help you.