Is your Nighthawk router acting weird? Can’t you log in to your Netgear router? Have you forgotten the password of your WiFi? Well, the only solution you are left with is to reset the Nighthawk router to default factory settings.
Over time, users often face issues with their WiFi devices. The issues may range from slow internet connectivity to not receiving WiFi signals. In this case, it becomes necessary to reset your device to factory specifications by doing a factory reset.
Before You Reset Nighthawk Router
Be known to the fact that a factory reset erases all the personalized information and data on your router including username and password. So, just in case, you need any data for later use, make sure to have a back up of the data you might need.
Once done with the back up of your Nighthawk, here are a few more points you need to keep in mind:
- Remove the password of your WiFi if you have ever changed it from default to something secret.
- Log out of your Netgear account (applies to Hard Reset method).
Netgear Nighthawk Router Factory Reset Procedure
Here’s how to perform a factory data reset on your Netgear Nighthawk router. There are various methods to take your WiFi device to factory defaults. You can either use the manual method or the Netgear Nighthawk App. The hard reset method can also be used if you want to make things happen in an instant. Let’s now get familiar with the various methods to reset a Netgear Nighthawk router.
How to Soft Reset a Nighthawk Router
Follow the steps below to reset your Nighthawk router manually:
- Make sure all the LEDs on your router are stable.
- Log in to your WiFi router via routerlogin.net.
- Access the Settings of your router and check for the Reset option.
- Select the Reset button to start the process.
- You will be asked to support your selection.
- Confirm the same and let your Nighthawk router reboot.
After your Nighthawk resets, you see the Welcome screen. Now, you can again perform the Netgear router setup to start using WiFi.
How to Perform a Nighthawk Factory Reset Using App
To reset your Nighthawk router using the app,
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk App on your mobile (Android/iOS) device.
- Launch the app and log in to your Netgear account.
- Once done, navigate to the Settings of your Nighthawk and locate the Reset option.
- Select it and let your Nighthawk set to default settings.
Reset Nighthawk Router Using the Reset Button
This is the hard reset method to reset a Nighthawk router. To start with:
- First, ensure that your router is turned on and fetching the appropriate power supply.
- Now, check for the Reset button on your Nighthawk and press it.
- You would be needing a paper clip to press the button. So, have access to a pin-like device beforehand.
Note: Make sure you press and hold the correct button.
- As soon as you complete the process, your router will reset to factory settings.
This is how a user can reset a Netgear Nighthawk Router. Since doing a factory reset removes all the settings and personal info, you need to set up your Netgear Nighthawk router again, the same as you did when it came out of the box.
Caution: Wrong use of the reset process may corrupt the firmware of your Nighthawk, resulting in the non-working of the device. So, if you are not a tech geek, we advise you to get in touch with a technical expert for helping you to take your Netgear Nighthawk router to factory defaults.
All things considered, if the WiFi speed of your router is slowing down due to some reason or if you can’t recover the password of your Nighthawk, you can reset the Nighthawk router to take it back to the default settings using the methods given in the post.
We would love to know what you think about this article. Submit your opinion in the comments section.