Forgot or lost the admin password of your Netgear WiFi router? With each passing day, thousands of queries explode Google stating how do I reset Netgear router password. Are you searching for the same query? If yes, we have got you covered. In this guide, we will make you familiar with the process on how to recover the lost or forgotten Netgear router admin password. In addition, we will also let you know how to enable the password recovery feature for your router. Let’s take the plunge.
Steps to Reset Netgear Router Password
Below-explained are the steps required to reset your Netgear Nighthawk router password:
- Launch your preferred web browser on your WiFi-compatible device.
- Go to the Netgear router admin web-based page.
- Instead of entering the admin login credentials, click on the Cancel button.
- Next, hit the Continue button.
- You will be asked a few security questions.
- Insert the answers of these questions into their respective fields.
- Now, click on the Continue button.
- The next pop-up screen will show the option to reset your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router’s admin password.
- Enter the new password for your Netgear router.
- Click on the Next button to complete the process.
Kudos! You have reset Netgear router password with great ease. Now, you will be redirected to the router admin page. Enter the newly set password and log in to your Netgear router. On the off chance if you got stuck at any step, feel free to reach out to our technical professionals.
It is suggested you enable the password recovery feature so that you can easily retrieve the lost or forgotten password. Let’s learn how to do so:
Enable Password Recovery Feature for Netgear Router
- Make sure that your Netgear WiFi router is turned on.
- Pull up an internet browser of your choice.
- Access the default Nighthawk router setup page.
- Log in to your Netgear Nighthawk router using the admin user ID and password.
- As soon as you click on the Log In button, the basic home screen of your Netgear wireless router will come into view.
- Navigate to the Advanced section.
- Hit the Set Password option.
- A new window will arise.
- Tick the box next to the Enable Password Reset option.
- Now, select two security questions and answer them.
- Finally, hit the Apply button to save the changes made by you.
And there you are! Now, you need not to worry anymore, even if you forget the admin password of your Netgear router, you can quickly retrieve it. Remember to note down the selected security questions as well as their answers. This is because you will be first asked to answer these questions whenever you want to reset Netgear router password in future.
The Final Words
Our guide to reset Netgear router password and enable password recovery feature ends here. While changing the password, ensure that it is strong yet easy to remember. Never include your personal data such as your name, email, home address, spouse’s name, and birthday in the password. In case of any doubts, queries, or issues related to the Netgear router password reset process, make a contact with our qualified experts without any delay.