Not getting the expected WiFi performance with Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 extender? If yes, then it is to time to perform the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 firmware update.
Netgear introduces the firmware updates for its Nighthawk WiFi range extenders from time to time. The latest Netgear Nighthawk firmware update comes with bug fixes, security enhancements, and new features. In order to ensure the proper working of your extender, be certain that it is running the most recent firmware.
This post will guide you on how to update firmware on Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 mesh extender. Let’s get going.
Why Do You Need to Update Netgear Nighthawk Firmware?
It is important to update Netgear Nighthawk firmware for AC1900 extender timely. Otherwise, it may start behaving weirdly or its performance may degrade. Also, the extender may bump you into various technical errors. Updating the firmware on Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 mesh extender will provide you:
- Bug Fixes
- New Features
- Security Enhancements
So, you must perform the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 firmware update whenever a new version available.
Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Firmware Update
Once done with the Netgear WiFi extender setup, you can update Netgear Nighthawk firmware for EX7000 AC1900 either manually or via the web user interface. Let’s shed some light on both methods.
1. Update Netgear AC1900 Firmware Manually
In order to manually update your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 mesh extender firmware, follow the instructions given below:
- Plug your Nighthawk mesh extender into a wall outlet and power it up.
- Turn on your computer as well.
- Make sure that your PC has an accessible internet connection.
- Pull up a web browser on it. You can choose between Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari.
- Now, navigate to your extender’s web page.
- Enter your Nighthawk extender’s model number, i.e. AC1900.
- A list of the available Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 firmware versions will come into view.
- Choose a firmware version and hit Download.
- Save the firmware file onto your desktop.
- Once done, access mywifiext.net web page in a new browser window.
- The Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 extender login window opens.
- Type the username and passphrase into the prompted boxes.
- After carefully filling in the details, click on the login button.
- You will see the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 mesh extender’s dashboard.
- Click on the Firmware Update button.
- Now, browse the downloaded firmware file and hit Upload.
- Wait until the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 firmware update process completes.
During the Netgear EX7000 firmware update, do not try to go online, shut down the PC, or turn off the extender. If you do so, the firmware may get corrupted.
Note: These steps will let you download the firmware version you want. So, you can also downgrade the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 firmware by applying the aforementioned steps.
2. Update Nighthawk AC1900 Firmware via Web User Interface
On the off chance if you found the manual firmware update method a bit tricky, just head over to the default web user interface to update firmware on your Netgear Nighthawk extender. Here’s how to do so:
- Be sure that your Netgear Nighthawk mesh extender is turned on and receiving constant power supply from the wall socket.
- Now, make a wired connection between your Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 extender and home WiFi router using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your home WiFi router.
- After that, power up your computer too.
- Open a web browser of your choice. However, the web browser you use should be updated to the latest version.
- Navigate to the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 WiFi range extender login web page via mywifiext.
- Enter the username and password once prompted and hit Log In.
Note: You can also log in to your Netgear AC1900 extender using the Nighthawk app.
- After logging in, click on the Firmware Update button.
- Then, click on the Check Online.
- In case new firmware is available, walk through the on-screen steps for Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 firmware update (EX7000).
That’s it! Thus, you can update firmware on your Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900 mesh extender. In case you are still facing any type of issue while updating the AC1900 firmware, get in touch with our experts right away.