In case you ever want to access the default web interface of your Netgear WiFi router to make some setting changes, you need its IP address to gain access. But what if you have forgotten the Netgear router IP address? Don’t you worry! This post will guide you on how to locate your Netgear WiFi router’s IP address. Let’s delve in.
What is Netgear Router IP Address?
There are two IP addresses your Netgear wireless router can use. They are: private and public. Talking about the private IP address, it is used to communicate within Local Area Networks (LANs). With the public IP address, your router can connect to public networks such as wider internet.
Regarding public IP, an ISP or Internet Service Provider generally allocates the public IP address to your wireless router. On the other hand, a network administrator handles the private IP address.
On the off chance if you have never modified your Netgear WiFi router’s private IP, chances are that your router is still using the default IP. And you can find the Netgear router default IP in its manual booklet.
How to Find Netgear Router IP Address?
Here is a step-by-step guide to find the IP address of your Netgear WiFi router:
- Connect the power adapter of your Netgear router to the wall socket.
- Make a wired Ethernet connection between your existing modem and Netgear wireless router.
- Next, turn on your PC or laptop.
- Pull up an internet browser as per your liking.
- Go to the default web-user interface of your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router.
- Hit Enter and let the login page appears.
- In the first field, enter the user ID whereas type passphrase in another field.
- Click on the Log In button.
- As soon as you log in, head over to the Maintenance section.
- Hit the Router Status option.
- The new pop-up screen displays your Netgear router IP address.
Congrats! Now, you know the Netgear router IP. With this IP, you will be able to perform the Nighthawk router setup and customize the settings as per your requirements. In the event that you got stuck at any step, reach out to our technical specialists for a prompt solution.
Locate IP Address of the Devices Connected to Your Router
How many devices are connected to your Netgear wireless router’s network? Are unknown devices hogging your bandwidth? Don’t have any idea? You must! To make your WiFi network secure and save it from accessing unknown users, you should know the number of connected devices to your network. And in case you notice any unauthorized device connected to your Netgear router, you can block that device from accessing your WiFi immediately.
Here’s how to find the IP address of the devices connected to your Netgear router’s network:
- Launch a web browser you prefer.
- In the URL bar, type your Netgear router IP address.
- Pressing the Enter key will open the router admin login window.
- Fill in the admin user ID and security key.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Once logged in, make a way to the Basic section.
- Click on the Connected Devices tab.
In this tab, you can see the IP address of every device currently connected to your Netgear router. Should you find any technical error while finding your Netgear router IP address or the IP of the connected devices, immediately contact our expert professionals.