This guide talks about how to install Netgear DSL modem router using the web user interface. So, what are you waiting for? Scroll down and continue reading. But, before you do that, make sure that you have your DSL Internet Service Provider account information (account phone number, user name, password, and account number).
Steps to Set Up Netgear DSL Modem Router
Here’s how to install Netgear DSL modem router by accessing the router login page:
- Connect the DSL port on the modem router to a wall outlet using a cable.
- Connect the power adapter to your modem router.
- Next, plug the power adapter into an electrical source.
- Wait for the power LED to light.
Note: If the LED does not light, press the Power button on and off to restart your device.
- Once your modem router is connected to the DSL service, switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc
- Make sure that you have cleared the cache, cookies, and browsing history of the web browser you are currently using.
- In the URL bar of the web browser, type routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1.
- Press the Enter key.
- The ‘Configuring the Internet Connection’ page will come into view.
- Select your country and ISP.
- Click Next.
- The Netgear DSL modem router will detect your internet connection.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Note: Your WiFi connection might get lost during the setup process. If this happens, it is advised that you reconnect to the modem router and wait for the process to continue.
After a couple of minutes, your Netgear DSL modem router will successfully get installed. In case you come across technical issues during the process, take the help of the below-given troubleshooting steps to get rid of them.
Failed to Install Netgear DSL Modem Router?
1. Reboot Your Modem Router
Before you do anything else, reboot your Netgear DSL modem router. In order to restart your device, follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Power off your DSL modem router and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Thereafter, plug your DSL modem router back into its wall socket and press the Power button.
Once you are done rebooting your device, check whether you were successfully able to install the Netgear DSL modem router? If not, give the next troubleshooting step a shot.
2. Check Power Supply
There is a high possibility that your device is not receiving an adequate and uninterrupted power supply from the wall socket. Well, that might be because of a damaged wall socket.
To troubleshoot the issue, it is recommended that you consider plugging your modem router into another wall socket or get the power adapter replaced with a new one.
3. Use the Correct Web Address
Perhaps you haven’t typed the correct web address in the address bar of your internet browser. Remember, the default web address of your device is routerlogin.net. Do not use anything else except this.
Additionally, avoid typing errors while entering the web address. Trust us, doing so will work wonders for you.
Many users experience issues while installing a Netgear DSL modem router. But, we won’t let you have the same fate. Well, we made sure of that. Here’s to hope that the aforementioned guidelines helped you set up a DSL modem router in your home with ease.
On the off chance, you came across any issues during the process; feel free to get in touch with our technical experts. Whether it is day or night, they are always on the ball to help out users like you.