How to Configure Netgear Router Using Netgear Genie Setup?
If you would like to use the internet on each and every device at your home, then there is nothing better than configuring a Netgear router and getting all your devices up and running. In general, the process of configuring a WiFi router to use with all your wireless devices begins by connecting your router to the modem either using the manual method or with the press of the WPS button. Just in case, you want to make your Netgear router working in a quick manner and manage all its functionality from the palm of your hand, Netgear Genie App can do all the work for you.
Netgear Genie App is one of the best and easiest ways to manage your router and make the most of your WiFi. Using the app, you can access the settings of your router and tweak various functionalities on the fly. Here’s how to make your Netgear router working using Netgear Genie App.
Steps for Netgear Router Setup Using Netgear Genie App
Here is a step-by-step guide to set up and install the Netgear WiFi router using the Netgear Genie mobile app.
- Unpack your Netgear router carefully.
- Place your WiFi router nearby the existing modem. Ensure to connect the antennas of your router at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Connect your router to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug your router into a power outlet and switch it on.
- Get hold of your smartphone and navigate to its app store.
- Search and download the Netgear Genie App.
- Run the app by accepting its terms and log in to your router.
- Follow the instructions popping-up on your mobile’s screen and complete the process of the Netgear router setup.
Though it is easy for users to configure their router using Netgear Genie, it is to be noted that the app does not support the latest Netgear and Nighthawk routers.
For those models, you can either download the Netgear Nighthawk app or prefer doing Netgear Genie setup using web GUI.
The steps to configure a Netgear router will remain the same using Netgear Nighthawk app as of the Netgear Genie app. However, if you want to try the Netgear Genie setup, then follow the steps below and make your device operational.
Steps for Netgear Router Configuration with Netgear Genie Setup
- Keep your Netgear router and the modem in the same room.
- Put your router to an electric power outlet and let the power LEDs on it turn green.
- Power up your computer and launch one of your preferred web browsers. It is recommended to choose Google Chrome or Mozilla for Windows and Safari for MAC/iOS.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address bar and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Netgear Genie setup window will display on your desktop’s screen, asking for the WiFi router login credentials.
- Enter your default username and password, then hit the ‘Log In’ button.
- You will reach the Netgear Genie setup wizard of your router.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and complete your router’s configuration.
- Unplug your router and place it in a new location as per your WiFi needs.
- Try to connect your devices to the WiFi network to test whether you can surf the web or not.
This is how you can complete Netgear Genie Setup for your Netgear router.
Bonus: Poor internet connection may lead you to different technical issues while setting up your Netgear WiFi router. Therefore, you should access a steady and reliable internet connection to avoid any issues during the configuration of your WiFi device.
So, this was all about how to configure a Netgear router using Netgear Genie. Here’s to hope that our post will definitely help you in setting up and installing your WiFi router in one go. If you come across any difficulty while setting up your WiFi router via Netgear Genie Setup or the Netgear Genie app, you can get in touch with our experts anytime. Our technicians are available 24×7 to answer all your queries and fix your WiFi-related issues.