Powered by Bitdefender, Netgear Armor actively secures your device from cyber threats by blocking malicious websites and applications. To take advantage of this feature, you need to activate its subscription. And to do that, an activation code needs to be used. Puzzled? No problem. Go through the guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to activate Netgear Armor subscription using the Nighthawk application in a happy-go-lucky way.
Before Getting Started
Keep the following things in mind before getting down to the process of activating Netgear Armor subscription:
- Your Netgear Nighthawk router as well as the existing modem should be receiving an adequate power supply from their respective wall outlets.
- Your Netgear router should be placed in the same room where the modem is placed. Otherwise, your devices will not be able to transmit signals with ease.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear router and modem should not have cuts. Also, the connection between your devices should be finger-tight.
- Make sure that your router is not placed near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, etc. The reason being, such devices can interrupt the WiFi signals of your router thereby degrading its performance.
Reminder: Do not hesitate to reach out to our technical experts if you get stuck at any point while activating Netgear Armor subscription using the Nighthawk app.
Guidelines to Activate Netgear Armor Subscription
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to activate Netgear Armor subscription using the Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Head over to the Google Play Store if you are using an Android and go to the Apple App Store if you are the owner of an iOS device.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Once found, tap the Download button.
- Wait for some time and let the Nighthawk app get installed.
Note: Do not perform any background activities on your mobile device while the Nighthawk app is in the process of getting installed. Or else, the process might get disrupted.
- Once the installation process comes to an end, launch the app on your device.
- Tap Sign In.
- Enter the default admin password and username of your router.
- Tap the Log In button.
- The Netgear Nighthawk setup wizard will come into view.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select Security > Launch Armor Portal.
- The Netgear Armor portal will come into view.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Select My Subscriptions.
- Tap Activation Code.
- Fill in your activation code.
- In a couple of seconds, the Netgear Armor subscription will become active.
If you come across any technical issues while enabling Netgear Armor subscription via the Nighthawk app, it’s a sign that you need to update the firmware of your WiFi device using your PC.
Here’s How to Perform Netgear Firmware Update
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
- In the address field of your internet browser, type the default web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- The official login page of your router will come into view.
- Enter the default admin password and username.
- Click the Log In button.
Note: In case you are not sure about the default username and password of your Netgear router, we advise that you refer to the user manual.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will welcome you.
- Go to Settings.
- Under the Maintenance option, select Firmware Upgrade.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you are done updating the firmware of your router, try to activate the Netgear Armor subscription using the Nighthawk app again. Did you get any luck?
Need Our Help?
If you are still not able to activate Netgear Armor subscription using the Nighthawk app, it is recommended that you get in touch with our well-versed experts. They are not concerned about what time of the day it is, they are always on the ball to assist users struggling with Netgear router-related issues.