If you are the owner of a Netgear router that supports the Smart Connect feature, then this post is written for you. Here, we will explain everything that you need to know about the Netgear Smart Connect feature and how to enable it on your Netgear WiFi router. So, let’s get started.
What Exactly is Netgear Smart Connect ?
For beginners, let’s first shed light on what exactly is Smart Connect. Well, Netgear Smart Connect helps you in balancing the 5GHz connections into two different radio bands. By selecting the best radio band, your Netgear router will bring you lag-free and superb WiFi performance.
However, for making this feature effective, you need to use the same SSID (network name) and password for both the radio bands. Now, moving on, let’s discuss the step-by-step guidelines on how to enable Netgear Smart Connect on your home router.
Steps to Enable Netgear Smart Connect on Your Router
Power On Your Netgear Router
- Start by plugging your Netgear WiFi router into a wall socket.
- Then, press the Power button On.
- Wait for the power LED to become green.
Connect the Router to the Modem
- Once the power LED turns green, connect your Netgear router to the existing modem.
- You can either connect your devices wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Once the connection has been established between your WiFi devices, open an updated internet browser on your computer.
- In the address bar of your browser, type routerlogin.net, and press Enter key to proceed.
Note: If you aren’t able to access routerlogin.net, then it is recommended that you get in touch with our well-versed experts.
- The Netgear router login page will appear on your screen.
- Refer to the user manual and enter the default username and password in the given fields.
- Hit Log In.
Enable Netgear Smart Connect
- As soon as you hit the Log In button, you’ll be taken to the Netgear router setup wizard.
- Head over to the Settings option.
- Select Wireless Settings.
- The Wireless Settings page will come into view.
- Select the Enable Smart Connect check box.
- Click the Apply button and let your changes get saved.
If you follow these instructions carefully, you’ll surely be able to enable the Netgear Smart Connect feature on your WiFi router. On the off chance, you aren’t able to, follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below:
Fixed: Can’t Enable Netgear Smart Connect
- Reboot your Netgear WiFi router if the power LED doesn’t turn green.
- Check whether the power socket to which your router is plugged in is working. In case it is damaged, plug your home router into a different wall socket.
- If you have connected your Netgear router to the modem with the help of an Ethernet cable, then make sure it is not worn out.
- Many users make the mistake of entering the default web address in the search bar. Avoid doing the same thing. Make sure you have entered routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Ensure that your Netgear WiFi router is connected to a blazing-fast and seamless internet connection.
- Clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your web browser.
- The default username and password of your router are case-sensitive. So, be very careful while entering the default login credentials.
This was all about how you can enable the Netgear Smart Connect feature on your WiFi router. If even after following the aforementioned steps, you aren’t able to enable this feature, then waste no more time in reaching out to our technicians.
We have the solution to all your Netgear-related problems!