Have you shifted to a new house and want to connect your Netgear WiFi router with Alexa? If the answer is yes, then congratulations! You have landed on the right post. Here, we’ll provide you with the step-by-step guidelines to help you enable your Netgear router to work with Amazon Alexa.
But, before we do that, you need to download the Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile device, create a remote access account, and register your router with it. What happened? The process seems a little lengthy and difficult to perform? Worry not! We’ll help you out in that area too. But, a little collaboration is needed from your side. All you need to do is, walk through this post carefully. We’ll take care of the rest!
Enable Anywhere Access on Your Router Using the Nighthawk App
The Netgear Nighthawk app allows you to set up cloud access so that you can manage settings of your WiFi router from any device.
Quick Tip: You must be connected to your Netgear WiFi router to enable Anywhere Access.
Follow the step-by-step guidelines to enable Anywhere Access on your Netgear WiFi router using the Netgear Nighthawk app:
- Charge your mobile device fully before starting with the process. Otherwise, you’ll come across unnecessary issues while trying to enable Anywhere Access on your WiFi router.
- Access the Google Play Store/Apple App Store to download the Nighthawk app.
- Do not run any background activities while the app is getting installed.
Once the Netgear Nighthawk app gets installed, follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Enter the default admin details of your Netgear WiFi router.
- Tap the Sign In button to proceed further.
- The Netgear Nighthawk setup wizard will appear.
- Then, tap the Menu icon located at the top-left corner of your screen.
- Select Settings > Anywhere Access.
- In order to enable Anywhere Access, move the Anywhere Access slider to the right.
And, that’s it! In this way, you’ll easily be able to enable Remote Access on your Netgear WiFi router using the Nighthawk app. Now, it’s time that you connect your router with Alexa.
While trying to enable Remote Access on your Netgear router, if you get stuck at any point, feel free to get in touch with our highly experienced technical experts. They’ll surely be of some help to you.
Connect Your Netgear WiFi Router with Alexa
Note: There are two ways through which you can connect your Netgear WiFi router with Alexa. You can either use the command “Alexa, enable the Netgear skill,” or you can manually link the Netgear skill to the Amazon Alexa app.
Follow the instructions mentioned below to link the Netgear skill to the Alexa app using manual method:
- Unlock your phone and launch the Alexa app.
- Tap Home > Skills.
- Type Netgear skill in the ‘Search all skills’ field.
- Select the Netgear skill and tap Link Account.
- Enter the credentials of your Netgear account and tap Sign In.
- Then, tap Accept.
If you follow these instructions carefully, your Netgear skill will surely get linked to the Alexa application. In case, it doesn’t, you can contact us at any hour of the day.
The Bottom Line
This was all about how to connect your Netgear WiFi router with Alexa. We hope that this blog post helped you in enabling your home router to work with Amazon Alexa. On the off chance if it didn’t, then we highly recommend you reach out to our technical experts for help. Our team of experts is available 24/7 to assist you.