Can I Change Routerlogin.net Username and Password?
When your Netgear router is running on the factory settings and you are looking to set it up, you need to log in to the router’s admin panel. This can be done by using the login URL routerlogin.net or the default IP address and the admin username and password. Are you wondering if you can change routerlogin.net username and password after completing or during the setup? You will find the answer to this question in the upcoming sections. Keep on reading.
Changing Routerlogin.net Username and Password
The default values of the admin routerlogin.net username and password are ‘admin’ and ‘password’ respectively. For your information, the value of the Netgear admin username can not be changed. This remains the same. However, you can change the admin password value. It is essential too. Anyone on your network can access your home network using the default password. So, you must change it. The instructions for changing the admin password by accessing the Netgear Genie setup page have been discussed in the next section.
How to Change Netgear Router Admin Password?
- The connection between the router and the modem should be a stable one.
- In case the devices are not yet connected, then consider connecting them now using a good Ethernet cable.
- Use the right ports i.e. the Internet port on the router and the LAN port on the modem to insert the cable.
- You also need to ensure that the devices are fully booted up and are receiving a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Get your computer connected to the router’s network now.
- Run an internet browser on the PC.
- In the location bar, type the login URL routerlogin.net.
- Hitting the Enter key will display the login window for you.
- Key in the default admin routerlogin.net username and password values in the respective fields now and click Log In.
- You are now logged in to your router and have reached the Basic Home page or the Netgear Genie setup page.
- Click Advanced>Administration>Set Password.
- A new window will pop up now.
- Type the current password once and the new password twice in the given fields.
- We recommend you select Enable Password Recovery option to recover the password in case you forget it.
- Finally, click Apply to save the changes done by you.
The Netgear router admin password has been changed. You can use the new value to log in to the admin dashboard now.
Since you have enabled the password recovery feature, you can recover forgotten or changed password whenever needed.
How to Recover Netgear Admin Password?
For your information, you can recover the forgotten Netgear admin password only if you have enabled the Password Recovery feature. In case you did not, you will have to reset your Netgear router to the factory values.
The instructions to recover the Netgear admin password are as follows:
- Verify the router-modem connection and power up the devices.
- After that connect your computer to the router’s network and launch an internet browser.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address field and press enter.
- The login window will pop up.
- Click Cancel.
- A new window ‘ Router Password Recovery’ window will appear.
- Insert your Netgear router’s serial number and click Continue.
- You will be prompted to answer the security questions.
- Answer the questions and click Continue.
- The Netgear router admin password will be displayed now.
Summing Things Up
Now, you know whether or not you can change the Netgear routerlogin.net username and password. You also have the information on how to change the admin password of your Netgear router. We have shed light on recovering the forgotten admin password when you have enabled the password recovery feature. With the hope of providing you with sufficient information, we put a full stop to our informative guide about the Netgear admin credentials.