People perform Netgear router setup because they are not satisfied with the performance of their modems. But, despite configuring a router, we are getting complaints that users are still not getting the desired internet speed. If you have the same concern, then it means that you need to opt for a Netgear range extender. By performing Netgear WiFi extender setup, your existing network will get extended and reach every corner of your house.
Now, if you are thinking about how to setup Netgear extender, walk through the guidelines mentioned in this post. Here, we have talked about three different methods using which this process can be executed. Thus, stick to reading.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup via WPS Method
With these steps, you will be able to setup Netgear extender using the WPS method:
- Unpack your Netgear extender.
- Plug the extender into a damage-free wall socket.
- Press the power button.
- Locate the WPS on the range extender.
- Once located, press it.
- Now, you need to execute the same step on the router.
- Hold on for some time.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Using Manual Method
These instructions will tell you how to setup Netgear extender via the Manual method or the Netgear Installation Assistant:
- Turn on the Netgear extender after plugging it into a wall outlet.
- Get your hands on an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the extender to the router by plugging the cable into both their ports.
- Soon your devices will get connected.
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable has no deep cuts on it.
- Thereafter, turn on your system, be it a computer or laptop.
- Open an updated internet browser.
- Make your way to the URL field of your browser.
- There, you need to enter the mywifiext.net web address.
- If you are using a MAC device, insert mywifiext.local instead of mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear extender login page will come into view.
- Insert the password and username, the default one.
Note: If you want to know about the default login credentials of your Netgear range extender, take this opportunity to contact our profound experts. They will provide you with the admin login details of your device and solve issues in case you have any.
- Click Log In.
- Soon the Netgear WiFi extender setup wizard will reveal.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup via Nighthawk App
If you want to use a mobile to setup Netgear extender, then the following guidelines will be of some assistance to you:
- Swipe up and unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- The minute the application has gotten installed, launch it.
- Creating a Netgear account is the next step.
- Thus, do the honors using your email address as well as password.
- Thereafter, do Netgear extender login using the default admin details.
- On the Netgear WiFi extender setup wizard, follow the prompts.
Many users encounter issues while trying to setup Netgear extender. To keep you from facing the same issues, we have mentioned some points below.
- Your Netgear extender should be properly connected to the wall socket.
- The Ethernet connection that you have built ought to be finger-tight.
- Only type the web address in the address bar, not the search bar.
- Keep the cache and browsing history of your browser cleared.
- Be careful while following the steps given on the Netgear Nighthawk setup wizard.
- The default admin login credentials should be used correctly.
- Your Netgear extender should not be placed too away from the router.
- Smart home appliances should be kept away from the range extender.
- You can also use a wireless source for the connection between your devices.
- The software of your system should be updated.
Performing Netgear WiFi extender setup is pretty necessary if you want to gain access to a seamless and lag-free internet connection. Let us hope that after following these steps, executing this process became a piece of cake for you.
In case, you need help during it, feel free to reach out to our well-versed technical experts. Trust us, without taking much of your precious time, they will help you resolve the issue you are facing during the setup process.