Netgear Nighthawk routers are the best networking devices nowadays used by users all across the globe. However, many of them have complained about facing issues with their wireless devices. And one such issue is, Netgear router keeps disconnecting. If you are also witnessing the same issue with your home router, don’t break a sweat. We are here to help you out. Walk through the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post and learn how to get rid of the issue at hand.
(Fixed) Netgear Router Keeps Disconnecting Issue
1) Reboot Your Netgear Router
Before you give importance to any other troubleshooting hack, consider rebooting your Netgear Nighthawk router. Here is how you can give your device a fresh start:
- Disconnect your Netgear Nighthawk router from the existing modem.
- Turn off your router and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug your router back into its wall socket and power it on.
- Reconnect your Netgear Nighthawk router to the existing modem.
Now, verify whether the Netgear router keeps disconnecting issue has been resolved or not. If not, follow the next troubleshooting step.
2) Check the Ethernet Connection
Pay attention to the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Nighthawk router and the existing modem. Is it damaged? Do you find any cuts on it? If even one of these things is true, we recommend that you replace your cable with a new one.
Apart from that, make sure that the connection between your Netgear Nighthawk router and the modem is not loose.
3) Pull Your Devices Closer
The previous point talked about the importance of maintaining a strong connection between your Netgear Nighthawk router and the existing modem. This one will talk about the significance of the distance between them.
If the distance between your router and modem is too much, it will make it difficult for them to communicate properly. Therefore, ensure that both your devices are placed in close proximity.
4) Avoid Signal Interference
Make sure that your Netgear Nighthawk router as well as the modem is placed away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, corners, utensils containing water, and concrete walls.
5) Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Performing Netgear router firmware update can also help you in troubleshooting the Netgear router keeps disconnecting issue. Thus, follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to update the firmware of your device to the latest version:
- Switch on your PC.
- Open an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the browser, type the default web address, and hit Enter.
- Once you are on the Netgear router login page, enter the login credentials.
- Click the Log In button.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Click the Maintenance option.
- Select Firmware Update.
Note: You can also update the firmware of your router using the Netgear Nighthawk app.
6) Reset Your Netgear Router
If none of the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks help you fix the Netgear router keeps disconnecting issue, perform factory default reset.
Here is how you can restore your device to the factory default settings:
- Look for the Reset button on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Once found, carefully press it.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
Note: Do not forget to reconfigure your Netgear wireless router after you are done restoring it to its factory default mode.
With that, we are concluding our guide on how to troubleshoot the Netgear router keeps disconnecting issue. If you are still experiencing the same issue with your home router, waste no more time before getting in touch with our technical experts. No matter at what time of the day you ping them, they are always on the ball to help out struggling with Netgear router-related issues.